Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love is a choice, not a romance!




Oh, how I remember the gamut of emotions that I would ride every year about a week before this commercialized excuse to gush materialism in the form of flowers, chocolates and teddy bears bearing messages of love...as I waited for Him to bring me my Valentine. All the while trying to be happy for my many friends when they got their flowers, or candy, and even happier when he put a ring on their finger!  
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
12 years into my S0S (season of singleness) God did bring me my Valentine and to insure that He would remain my first love, He did not bring me someone who buys into the materialism of holidays. In fact, my husband is a real pessimist about this holiday and Christmas, too, just because of the materialism they both subscribe to.
See, whether single or significantly involved with another, we all were created to be loved and to love, and in that order because He first loved us we can love others. [John 4:19] But what kind of love do we look for? Holidays like Valentine’s Day send us looking for that romantic love but I have learned that romantic love is not a sustaining love. Yes, I’ll admit we all need a little bit of romance, but romance is one small ingredient in the recipe for lasting love.
ro·mance
“A feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love”
Love is a choice, not just a feeling; and we don’t need a holiday to follow through in our choice to love. Sure, Valentine’s Day can be a celebration of love, but not a reminder to love!
So whether single or situated in love, when we look to Christ as our First Love, we will never have to rely on a holiday for love.
Love,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment