Monday, February 26, 2018

Prayer is as simple as talking with your BFF!


My husband and I started doing a new exercise. Every Sunday I write a prayer for him and he writes a prayer for me. Then we exchange the prayers we wrote for each other. For the rest of the week he prays the prayer I wrote for him plus the prayer he wrote for me. I do the same for him. Throughout the week we take notice of how God influences us through our prayers. At the end of the week we sit down and share our prayer experiences with each other. The prayer exercise makes us more aware of how God is moving in our individual lives. It also brings a greater intimate relationship with Him into our relationship with each other.

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

Sarah Young writes a beautiful daily devotion about prayer in her book “Jesus Always”. She writes it as if Jesus, Himself, is speaking directly to you. It reads …

“Before you begin to take on a task – large or small – take time to pray about it. By doing so, you acknowledge your need for Me and your trust that I will help you. This enables you to go about your work in dependence on Me. There are many benefits to this practice. I can guide your mind as you think things out and make decisions. Just knowing I am involved in what you are doing gives you confidence, reducing stress. It’s wise to thank Me often for My help and to keep asking Me to guide you along the best pathway.”

“Though the Bible instructs you to pray continuingly, at times you ignore this teaching. When you are feeling rushed, you find it hard to slow down enough to seek My perspective on the work at hand. However, diving in and forging ahead on your own is actually counter-productive. When you request My involvement before you begin, I can point you in the right direction – saving precious time and energy. I delight in helping you with everything, even simple tasks, because you are My beloved.”

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” – Psalm 32:8 NLT

“Be joyful always; pray continually: give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Praying to God is as simple as talking to your best friend. Actually, praying to God is talking to your best friend! Pour your heart out to Him, for He is your refuge.

Your comments are always most welcome.


Lovingly in Christ,
Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment