Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Gossiping in the name of venting…is still gossiping


“Please don’t tell her I said that;” “Between you, me and the fencepost…” “I would never tell them this, but…” What one word comes to your mind when you see these statements?
Thanks so much for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Tuesday’s Trench Truth with Trench Classes United.
What comes to my mind is the word gossip…and truth be told, we all participate in it in one form or another, though it may not be intentional.  I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve been in a conversation listening and before I knew it I was swept up in the current and joined in with my two cents.
How do we avoid this slippery slope? The best way to not be swept away is as soon as we feel this current coming toward us we need to move out of the way!
But how, I can hear you ask?
By excusing ourselves, leaving the conversation because even just sitting there listening is a form of participation!
Oh, Coffee Hour Friend, trust me when I say I understand how difficult this can be, especially when I justify it in the name of venting! Let’s dare to be bold by refusing to compromise our own integrity for the sake of feeling part of something we really shouldn’t be part of, trying to fit in, feel accepted...at whose cost?
If we can’t say what we’re saying about someone to that someone, then we shouldn’t say it to anyone!
Truthfully,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment