Friday, February 23, 2018

God doesn’t call the qualified; He qualifies the called!




Have you ever felt like you weren’t qualified to do a certain job? Do you ever look up and try and convince God you are not the one for the job of parenting, being a wife, a supervisor…the list can go on. We are not alone as you will see in what Ashley shares with us this Faith-Filled Friday!
Good Morning, Beloveds. Come grab a warm cup of coffee and sit with me. Thank you in advance for taking time and joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.
 Amos7:14-15 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 But Amos replied, “I’m not a professional prophet, and I was never trained to be one; I’m just a shepherd, and I take care of sycamore-fig trees. 15 But the Lord called me away from my flock and told me, ‘Go and prophesy to my people in Israel.’
 We see how Amos questioned Gods choice in choosing him to be a prophet. Amos could only see what he thought he was capable of and couldn’t comprehend or understand why God would choose him for something he knew nothing about. However, we see that Amos who tended the flock and the sycamore-fig trees was chosen by God because he had faithfully performed the present task God had called him to.
When God calls us to something new to us, out of our league so to speak, is it really though? The enemy likes to get in between us and God and stir the pot of doubt and insecurity, whispering to us that we aren’t qualified to do what God has called us to.
But as you and I have been faithful to the current task God has called us to now – being a wife, a mom, whatever it may be -- we feel qualified and certain of what we are doing...most of the time, right? J  However, when we first started these tasks, didn’t we question Gods calling? I know I did many times.
Remember coffee hour friends, that when God calls us to something new He doesn’t expect us to face it alone or in our own strength.
Isaiah 41:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 Don’t  be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

 God will give us all the necessary tools we need day by day. Our God is ever so faithful to us. I pray that when He calls you and I out to new scary tasks, that instead of the questions, we’d faithfully drop to our knees and be still before our God who knows what our tomorrow brings.
Has God has called you to a new task? Can I encourage you, to rejoice, give thanks, and trust and know he will lead the way and bless you through this new and scary journey?
Gripped in His Grace, 

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment