Monday, February 5, 2018

Praying is as simple as just talking with Him…not at Him!


“Prayer takes on a whole new meaning when we realize that Christianity is a relationship and not a religion.”

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power with Megan’s Monday Mantra and Trench Classes United.

Oftentimes I fear I am not praying correctly. I don’t pray aloud. I don’t pray at the same time every day. I don’t normally get down on my knees and I forget to be quiet and listen. My prayer life is fairly informal. I pray as I go. God is probably relieved when I finally fall asleep because I chatter with Him all day!

Many people don’t pray because they think they don’t know how to pray. There are no specific rules for praying. Praying is as simple as talking to God. Our closest relationships are built by spending time together and so is our relationship with Jesus.  Prayer is having a conversation with Jesus about anything, anywhere at any time.  It doesn’t matter if you know what to say. God hears what is in your heart and mind.

One of the greatest gifts God has given us is the privilege to pray to Him directly. Billy Graham reminds us, “by His death on the cross Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and removed the barrier between us and God.” 

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace confidently, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment