Friday, October 26, 2012

Power Friday at Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power

Thanks for joining me for Power Friday at Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power. Grab your coffee and let’s go talk a minute about the difference between aggressive and assertive.

It’s a mind-boggling thing to even think about and as I think about the two, I am able to see many, many – too many – instances even in the recent past wherein I used aggression versus assertion. But then again, I didn’t realize it and I can certainly say it wasn’t on purpose. But now that I understand the difference, wow, is this ever helping me in any and all of my relationships as well as in ministry-related communications and circumstances.

This week’s power thought, and probably a couple more after, comes from revelations given to me in real-time situations as the choice to be aggressive or assertive rises to the occasion:

Aggression is agenda-driven; assertion is information-driven

Make it a aggressive-free weekend!

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment