Monday, October 1, 2012

Reality Check-October's WOW-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Thanks so much for coming by for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power. I was so ready to get back to where we left off in Nana Holds and realized it’s October 1st! Can somebody please slow down the time as it goes spinning by us, please! Well, grab your coffee and come on in for our WOW, words of wisdom and weapons of warfare.
I just realized I never did get back to the WOW rewind that we started at the beginning of the year, and from the speed of time, I don’t think I’ll get to finish it because He seems to have other things on the agenda! But wait, something keeps telling me that I am supposed to rewind for our WOW this month! :) What I mean by rewind is revisiting last October’s words of wisdom to see where we were then and where we are now. It’s powerful to do and proves that the scriptures are alive!
I totally had another verse in mind for our WOW, but as I began to write/type, it just wasn’t working. I kept hearing “rewind,” and He also was reminding me that He has called me to share the journey so others would be encouraged by my mistakes as well as the victories. Well, I’m going to take a gander then and look up last October’s WOW and see what we come up with.
Oh, dear, I’m reading last year’s WOW and it’s another chance to shed some truth and sip on some humility, and honestly, my first response is weeping, weeping in frustration with myself because I tend to forget this important lesson from these powerful words found in Philippians 2:3-4. What a divine reality check! And while I am frustrated, the truth humbles me with the revelation that I so needed this reminder to refresh my stinking thinking and get another reality check. Let me tell you why:
Recently I spoke for a Mom to Mom group and while the appointment was definitely divine, the message powerful, the book sales were pitiful. It wasn’t until I was almost home that I literally took a dive into an emotional pool of pity and swam in it almost all night! When I woke up, I was drowning in self-contempt, loathing my attitude while begging for understanding before begging for forgiveness! After my quiet time, something did happen that initiated the tug to pull me out of that swim pity party, but let me tell you, the longer we swim in pity, the deeper we have to go for those reminders to pull us up and out.
I don’t know if you have you ever felt so defeated or utterly frustrated with yourself and/or your circumstances that you questioned your faith, your gifts and/or your purpose in this life, but as an author, this has happened to me more times than I care to admit. But I know it’s His love that is bringing this WOW up out of the cobwebs of my heart to overcome my mistakes. I also have to remind myself that it’s to encourage me in this journey, not discourage me, so I pray that as we rewind this WOW, that you and I will bear witness to the truth that His plans are to build us up, not tear us down and that the words of wisdom will root in your heart and transform your life.
Join me Wednesday for more of this month’s WOW!
Humbly,
Evinda

P.S. Don’t forget to join us online at www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power for our Destination? Joyful! ™ show as we break free from co-dependency!

No comments:

Post a Comment