Monday, June 3, 2013

Blind Faith-June’s WOW from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Blind Faith
1st Corinthians 5:7
We walk by faith, not by sight
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and thanks so much for taking time out of your day to give yourself a break and join me. It’s our W.O.W. time again, time for words of wisdom from the Scriptures, words to use as weapons of warfare in the battle of life. The year is officially half over! Grab your coffee and come on in.
Have you ever seen a blind person walk? I remember a couple of years ago, I watched a young man, probably in his late 20s, walk down the street and the only way I could tell he was legally blind is two reasons: One, he had one of those long walking sticks that are painted white towards the bottom. And two, he was getting along pretty good with it but every now and then, he would stop, suddenly unsure of his steps, and use his walking stick to feel the ground ahead of him. Back and forth he swung the stick checking for obstacles, a change in elevation, clearing any debris that may interfere with his steps. And then he’d start off again, a bit tentatively at first, but then he’d gain speed as he gained confidence.
I continued to watch him until he was out of sight, but he didn’t leave my thoughts. I wondered what his story was, if he has been blind all his life, or if it was a gradual loss of sight or even if it could have been diabetes-related. No matter what the cause, he sees the world through different eyes, through the eyes of faith. Sure, he probably places quite a bit of security on or in that walking stick, but it takes faith to even begin to use it.
You and I have a walking stick, too, available to us. :) Every morning He longs for you to come and pick Him up and bring Him with you into your day, into all the details, tasks, travels, into all things. But the truth is many of us don’t do that. Instead, we are like a blind man without the walking stick, going about our day, fumbling as if in the dark, tripping and falling over our poor choices, stopping at the wrong places, be they physical or emotional and in our minds, never once relying on our walking stick of faith.
I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be blind, and yet, I know that I need to live my life as if I were. What I mean is many times I have caught myself basing my faith on things that I can see; but true faith is a fixed position of thought and heart based on what is not seen. Especially in these times where trouble seems to be lurking around every corner, I need to walk like a blind man, trusting Him for direction, just as 2nd Corinthians 5:7 tells us . . .
IMG_3117
Now that wasn’t an eye exam, but imagine the eye chart. I know the older I get, the farther away I need to hold that eye chart so I can see it better unless it’s up really close! So what do you say? I’m thinking it’s time to walk like a blind man. What do you need your walking cane for today? Where will you go that you know you have to have it?
Pray this prayer:
Father, thank you for protecting me from all that I can’t see. Help me to resist the temptation to fall in fear when I don’t understand what is ahead, can’t see what is ahead or just don’t want to walk to what is ahead. Thank you for loving me enough to do what it takes to get me to walk with you, by faith and not by sight . . .
Have an insightful day,
Evinda
kim LP.S. Join us today at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time for Blog Talk Radio and more life-experienced revelations about co-dependency, the number 1 relationship killer. www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment