Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 5th, 2013

Wednesday’s Word-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
EL pen Logo with heart
Welcome to Wednesday’s Word @ Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power. Grab your coffee and come on in for a break from it all.
I don’t know about you, but I can tend to camp out on the rigid side of life a lot of the time. I’m not sure if it’s the gift of age, i.e., physical, emotional and spiritual maturity that is gently nudging me over, or His grace that is causing me to see that things are not always so black and white. There is the color gray, aka, grace. Gray doesn’t sound like a very pretty color; however, there is some symbolism in it.
If you think about it, grace never screams or makes a loud statement; instead, it makes a quiet matter-of-fact statement and quiets the loudness of life. Grace is quiet like the color gray. So when life is noisy and chaotic with circumstances that are consuming our thoughts, maybe we should pray that He would move us away from our black-and-white thinking and move us toward the color of grace.
Trust me when I say I understand the challenge of this. I am currently facing this very challenge: To remember that things are not always as they seem and instead of allowing my thoughts to stay bent on black, or white, I just need to keep praying that He would splash my thoughts with grace in such a way that I am moved away from my staunch way of thinking.
Yes, I am recognizing that when I allow Him to sprinkle grace on my black-and-white thinking, the black and white becomes gray, and that makes all the difference!
The difference between black and white is grace!
Thanking Him for His patience in this learning process . . .
Evinda
IMG_8444-2 blog

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment