Thursday, June 27, 2013

June 27th, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to join me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and more of Nana Holds. Grab your coffee and come on in for a few!
Before we get to our word for today, I need to say happy birthday to a very special friend of CPM and mine, Gay Hardy. So if you’re reading this and you know her, would you remember to offer up a prayer of blessing for her and give her a happy birthday message!
Valentine’s Day was just around the corner. Ugh, just saying V Day brings mixed emotions. What a racket, huh? Every day should be a day we show love to the one we love and commit to! I’m not sure if it’s spiritual maturity or my age, or maybe a combination thereof, but I no longer hold such high and unreasonable expectations to experience all the romance that ambiance and money can buy paid for by my guy. We shouldn’t need a holiday to celebrate our love, but I didn’t always believe that.
Don’t get me wrong; I’m a sucker along with the best of ‘em, buying cards and some cute little something-something for each of our grandkids, seizing the opportunity to shower them with love and affection and laughter. I just don’t expect my husband to be prodded and pushed like a puppet to do something society says he has to do on Valentine’s Day! Give me romance when I least expect it; now that’s what I’m talking about!
This year, as it drew near, I got an idea to make it a better day for Jene’ because by now, she and Bryce are “in love.” You know the old saying we always want what we can’t have? Well, I was sensing she was bumming a bit because what she couldn’t have was a Valentine’s date with her guy, our son so, George and I invited her to join us and Bryden for a Valentine’s Dinner at an Italian restaurant here in Yucaipa. We had never been there before and they were having a Valentine’s dinner special so George made the reservation and I’m so glad he did.
In his daddy's arms . . .and heart
In his daddy’s arms . . .and heart
Jene’ had the happiest smile on her face when Bryden demanded to sit by her. Ah, acceptance from a child is a beautiful thing; of this I can state with the utmost of certainty. We took turns entertaining him while talking and waiting for dinner. We discovered that Jene’ was still reveling in the familiarity with which she interacted with Bryden, despite the newness of the relationship. Inwardly, I was marveling at the same thing. But when God does things, often they are mind boggling, head-scratching kinds of ways, and you know that you know that He’s orchestrated the dance that’s taking place!
We made another discovery on that Valentine’s night: we all found out just how much Bryden loves spaghetti! There was no coaxing and prodding, begging and pleading for him to eat his dinner. No bribery with Oreo cookies necessary, though we did give him some anyway! Yes, our Valentine’s Day dinner and evening was far from romantic; but it was better. And though in my heart I still wondered how long all of this would feel so hard, I was beginning to see changes from the inside out!
Join me tomorrow for more of Nana Holds.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment