Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday’s Word From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks so much for joining me today for a little coffee break at Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power, and for our Wednesday’s Word. Grab your coffee and come on in.
One of the toughest things about breaking free from the relationship infection, aka, co-dependency, is the need for acceptance. This need can keep us trapped unknowingly in dysfunctional ways of communicating. Trust me; I know because my unleashing process is still happening.
Now because of all I am learning coupled with His grace, I am learning to avoid the danger of unrealistic expectations by not expecting others to know my needs without me speaking them.
A need unspoken creates an unrealistic expectation.
And unrealistic expectations create a crazy cycle of tension. Oh the freedom that comes when we express what we need and do so without an attitude! It’s challenging, but vital and possible!
What are some needs that continue to go unspoken in your most significant relationship?
Thoughtfully,
Evinda
kim L
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment