Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11th, 2013

Nana Holds From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks for joining me today for a break at Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and for this life-changing series that I pray will reveal His transforming sovereignty. Grab your coffee and let’s get back to where we left off, a very vulnerable, tender time of coming face to face with pain and weariness.
Yesterday I gave you a glimpse into something I had been holding in for a while; my husband’s ways of coping with his pain and how I was allowing it to affect me, us and our marriage so let me share more of that before revealing the other
Papa holds
Papa holds
struggles pulling on my emotions within my heart. And again, please let me emphasize that I am writing from my heart to yours and in no way mean to depress you; but I must be real with you so you may appreciate the victories that come later from this life-changing season. I’m not being sadistic when I say that pain does bring growth because I can emphatically declare that I wouldn’t trade this season for anything. Oops I see a little rabbit trail that I’ve got to take because something tells me you will better understand the importance of not ignoring the pain that comes with every life-changing story found in many of our circumstances.
I got this vision the other day when talking with a victim of human trafficking about colors, so imagine with me an artist’s pallet of colors. I said, “God uses all sorts of colors in the canvass of our lives.” I drew a weird-looking pallet – I’m so not an artsy artist – and I then went on to ask her to give me some colors. I wrote in each of the little holes representing colors we both came up with: red, blue, purple, orange, yellow, pink, gray, black, and white.
Then I asked her to give me some emotions/feelings for each color. She hesitated, almost as if she didn’t quite understand so I started off with red. “Red reminds me of pain.” I wrote “pain” just below the spot for red and drew an arrow from the word pain to the word red. For the color blue, I wrote “sad,” And for purple, I wrote “anger.” I gave the emotion of hope for the color orange and for yellow, “happy.” I wrote in the emotion “joy” for the color pink and she helped me with the color black: darkness and for white, truth. It was so incredibly powerful and as I replay the experience for you now, I need to emphasize that every color could actually represent both a positive and a negative emotion; this is just the way it came out in this conversation.
What happened next was nothing less than His Spirit speaking through me as I started mixing the colors while asking her questions. I looked right into her eyes and I repeated the word pain to represent what she had shared with me. “So we have a lot of red to represent that time.” Then I asked her, “Have you had any truth in your life since you’ve been rescued?”
She nodded her head yes. “Okay, so let’s take some of that white and mix it with the red. Now what color do we have?”
She smiled. “Pink.”
Time stood still but for a second as we looked for the color pink in our pallet and what emotion we assigned it: Joy! I repeated this for the color red but this time I added yellow. “What do you get when you mix yellow/happy with red/pain?” Again, there was a pregnant pause in the air that took us both by surprise as we discovered that hope came from pain and happiness mixed together!
I get goose bumps just thinking about it, the truth of His ability to use all the colors for His glory! It was an incredibly powerful exercise, giving the colors the various emotions we struggle with in everyday life and because of that understanding that He gave me to give her and you, too, I pray that we are better equipped to allow Him to use His brush to bring something beautiful out of the colors representing pain and sorrow.
Take a few moments and identify some colors and as you think on each color, what’s the first emotion that comes to mind. Now write under each emotion/color a circumstance that comes to mind. Have fun mixing the colors and seeing what He created from your pain.
I hope you don’t mind, but I’m sensing a need for something a little lighter, so join me tomorrow for Wednesday’s Word, and we’ll pick up with Nana Holds on Thursday and Friday!
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment