Monday, July 8, 2013

Help Wanted Part IV from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Thanks so much for joining me today, especially since it’s a holiday. May we all take moments to reflect on our freedom! I’ll try not to keep you too long today. Grab your coffee and come on in. Let’s get back to that moment that changed my mind completely on His calling on/in my life and I pray that somewhere in the midst of this true story, diamonds will sparkle so brightly for you in your journey.
See, almost three months ago, He gently corrected me while at a National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) meeting. I thought I was there just to meet people, get a feel about what their organization was/is all about because they had asked me to emcee their national event. From the moment I met the president, and the president elect, I experienced a sense of awe. Everyone I met greeted me with genuine warmth and a contagious enthusiasm. The professions represented ran the gamut, from investment bankers, lawyers, trade school owners and executives, accountants, gym owners, a business writer, radio station executives, and at least two women running non-profits.
As I listened to the president explain NAWBO’s mission, I wondered what in the world was I doing there. “I’m not a business woman,” I whispered to Him. I’m just in ministry! We don’t have a business; we have – “
It was almost like He interrupted me and reminded me of this truth: CPM needs money in order to function; that’s all that’s necessary to meet that “business” qualification. Since dollars are necessary in any type of ministry, there is and always will be a business component to it.
I sat back in my chair as I listened to other women get up and talk about what type of businesses they had and how NAWBO had helped them get off the ground, or hit the ground running, whichever the case may be. Flashbacks of all the things I had done professionally flashed on the screen of my heart and a light dawned inside of me as if to say: “Everything I have brought you through has led you to this”!
A-ha, is anybody home?
I felt His call then, right smack in the middle of that meeting and I know it wasn’t the first time He’s tried to show me this truth: that His plan is to use me to accomplish things for others that I will understand because of the comfort I’ve been given, for the harvest is plentiful and the laborers are few.
Join me tomorrow for the conclusion!
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment