Friday, July 12, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks so much for taking time to take a little break and join me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and this series which I hope to make into a book one day: Nana Holds. Grab your coffee and come on in.
To add to the perplexity of what He was going to speak through me at this event, I found out some other exes were coming: my son’s aunt and cousin, aka, my ex-sister-in-law and her daughter! All I can say is: WOW! I knew He had something planned for each one who would be there! But I did give in to the feeling of dread driven by my fears. I didn’t just coast up to the day of this event. I’d be lying to myself and you if I said that.
But I knew Who to go to. I didn’t let my fears drive me down the dead-end of Despair Road. I went to His promises to remind me that the plans He has for me were to lift me up and give me a hope and a future, one that I wouldn’t feel so disconnected with and He was using Bryden and George to accomplish this very thing. My journal entries are filled with cries to Abba to help me connect with both of them.
Oops, sorry about that but I stepped away for a minute. Bryden just walked into my writing room. :)
“Nana, wook at what I have for you.” He held up a flower as he walked toward me to give it to me.
“Aw, thank you. It’s so pretty.” I take the flower and put it on my computer and then bring him to me in a sweet huggie moment. “Nana’s almost done and then we’ll go play.”
“Otay,” he says as he starts to walk out the door. Suddenly he stops as if he remembered something. “Wait, I didn’t give you no hug.” He walked back to me.
I opened up my arms and squeezed him to me, his little arms embracing my neck while I kissed his little neck and told him I loved him.
“I wuv you, too.” He walked out of my writing room and downstairs to Papa.
Oh, friend, the tears are trickling down my face pretty rapidly right now. I’m so grateful for the little but ‘ginormous’ moments that I can finally enjoy. See, to be honest with you, six months ago, that may have felt like an interruption to me, not because I’m mean spirited or hard-hearted; no, I’m just someone who’s learning how to love differently than how I was loved as a child.
Join me Monday for more…
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment