Monday, July 15, 2013

Join us for a break!

July 15th, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks so much for joining me for a little coffee break today and more of Nana Holds. Grab your coffee and come on in. It’s a great day; Bryden’s third birthday and our Revival for Relationships event.
So to say I was nervous before going up to share at our event is an understatement. I don’t even know how many times I had to go to the little girl’s room before finally getting up on stage, but let me say it was too many. I knew He had helped me to prepare, but like I shared earlier, usually when I get up to share about something, I’m walking in victory in it and through it. That wasn’t the case on February 23rd. Event mornings are always early mornings for us and usually we have my son and his family over as well so getting Bryden up is not a problem because Dillan and Ty-Ty are there. He’s so full of life and animated, no matter what time it is, when he’s around his little cousins.
But for this event, his grandma, whom I refer to as his favorite one, and his Tauntie Bre were actually staying with us, so
Learning to ride his bike
Learning to ride his bike
they were going to take care of getting him up and dressed. Add their coming to the list of things that were different for this event, and we have another reason to add to my already jittery tummy, but I was very excited that they were there and knew He had something for them and me.
And to avoid any possible misinterpretation, let me say that when I refer to his grandma as his favorite, I was/am in no way jealous of her or their relationship. No, not jealous, but at times, awestruck by their bond, wanting to experience that with someone! It’s like He used their bond to help awaken something inside of me and at this point in our journey, I was at a good place in my level of understanding because she has been the one that little Bryden bonded with, having had him quite a bit of his first and second years of life. I, in the meantime, am working on my bond and connection with him, and they are entirely separate and he has room in his heart for all the people that God has placed in his life to love and nurture him, adding to his solid frame.
There were many behind-the-scene things I was dealing with but one thing was certain; I was definitely leaning on Him and knew I could do nothing without Him, let alone get up and speak about a topic that I was/am so raw in, one that I have more experience doing it wrong than right!
As we gathered the team for prayer, I felt led to share with them what I felt He was calling us to do as far as our next event, which was scheduled for June of this year: Call it off! So I announced that because we were being led to get in the trenches with the wounded via small groups, and because of that, we would not be holding an event in June but would resume in November. I had no idea I was going to be making that announcement, and as soon as I did, I felt a huge relief, confirming I had done the right thing, but also a sense of panic, unsure of my Spirit-inspired certainty.
Within minutes after we finished praying, one of our team volunteers came up and confirmed a vision for CPM as well as me, validating that I had just done the right thing. But that validation in no way invalidated the necessity of my reliance upon Him. There was no way I would be able to get through this event without Him, not that I ever think I would; it’s just I was completely raw in this area of relationships, still processing revelations that were flying at me .
Oh, friend, any circumstance bathed in prayer comes with a guarantee of divine protection; and I will never, ever forget this event as long as I live, for a couple of reasons. I think who was there was incredibly significant to me and for me, but the other thing that made this event so incredibly special and seared love directly on and in my heart in a way I had never, ever experienced before is something I will cherish always and forever, one of those things that will carry me into eternity and it has everything to do with Bryden.
This is how the first part of my intro went, which I have to tell you I totally bathed in prayer: “Before I begin to share with you, I’d like to introduce you to two very special people with whom I am in very special relationships with.” Then ever so apprehensively — because I didn’t know if he would stop right where his grandma was and refuse to come up –I bent down and looked straight ahead to him, hoping that he would be happy to come up to Nana.
Join me tomorrow for more.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment