Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19th, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks so much for joining me today for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and more of this life-changing series which I pray will one day become a book that encourages parents who are parenting their children’s children. Grab your coffee and come on in.
So as I stated, if we have any sort of interruption in our childhood wherein acceptance, security and hope are broken, as we get older, to obtain what we deem acceptance, security and hope becomes infectious. The crazy thing is that because of that interruption, our perception is somewhat skewed in this area, we don’t know what those needs really look like if we didn’t get them as children, this can be one of the toughest infections to treat. Another incredibly sad side effect is it affects every single person we try relating to or with! If this infection goes undetected, as mine did for years and years and years, it has the power to destroy our relationships.
As I stood before the friends of CPM, I confessed that it was/is the worst infection I had ever had, running side by side with my sinus infection that put me on steroids for ten days, sending my menopause to a whole new level! Oh, there’s almost always something to laugh about in the midst of a storm!
Incidentally, why is it when we are physically sick we want a cure ASAP? Most of us will usually go to the doctor because we don’t have time to be sick! Maybe I’m singing in my own choir, but I know when I am sick, I want a cure yesterday! This was such a real example to me at this time because I’d been to my doctor once and after one round of antibiotics and thirteen days of little sleep, I’m in urgent care feeling worse than better; I can’t breathe, feel as though I’m going to crawl out of my skin and jump on my broom that had been parked for a while. I was having out-of-body experiences as I felt myself put a harness on my tongue so it wouldn’t lash out at Bryden and/or George. My anxiety’s running high and I admit, I think my hormones are raging along with my sinuses. The physician gave me a shot of anti-anxiety, more antibiotics and off to bed I went! I slept so well! I needed a physician! I wanted to feel better and I wanted it now!
Here’s the crazy revelation: Have you ever heard people suffer from shame when they say: “I have strep,” or “I have the flu”? No, in fact, usually people announce when they are physically sick, at least I do! So why can’t we be as eager for a cure when we are suffering from an emotional/spiritual infection that is harming our significant relationships?
Join me Monday for more about who, what, where and why God is using whom He’s using to teach me priceless lessons in and about relationships!
Joyfully,
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment