Monday, July 8, 2013

Nana Holds-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thank you so much for joining me for a little break today and the return to Nana Holds, a life-changing story of parenting our son’s son and all that God is accomplishing through this little boy. Grab your coffee and come on in.
It’s a couple weeks before our next event for Chicklit Power Ministries and ironically enough, the workshop is all about relationships. Talk about feeling inept and Dry Bone Syndrome! My emotions were swirling like a tide pool, threatening to pull me in and under. On one hand, the new me was beginning to realize that this little boy not only depended upon me, but he loved me.
As I write this, I’m trying to capture the feeling. It wasn’t like some sudden revelation, like someone picking up a hose and pointing it on me on a hotter than hot summer’s day and letting her rip. No, his love was tentative, hesitant, like mine. It’s almost like he was waiting for me to really open up my heart before he showed his. The realization that his intuition is already developing goes off in my heart like a finale at a fireworks show. Is it any wonder that a sense of awestruck abandon fills me when I think about all I am learning right now in this moment of time compared to where we are in this series, mid February?
It all felt sort of painfully chaotic on my emotions but there was a peace deep down in my soul. While more of the one He
Silly Bryden...
Silly Bryden…
created was showing up, He was peeling the layers from the wrong childhood imprints away ever so gently. The miracle of it all was that I was showing up for the peeling and not trying to escape. I was learning too much to go back. All I could do is hold on, and go at my own pace, the emotional pain keeping me at a slow but steady pace. And when the next step seemed unbearable, unapproachable, Bryden would be there, unbeknownst to him, or me, urging me forward away from tendencies to disconnect and/or the urge to run from it all to a deserted island with just me and my Bible.
It was at this moment in my life that Steve spoke into my heart in a way that made it stop, and me too.
Join me tomorrow for the thought-provoking statement that he made so subtly but profoundly dead-on.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment