Friday, July 12, 2013

Nana Holds-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks for joining me today for a coffee break and more of Nana Holds. If you are a parent having to parent your child’s child, oh, how I pray that you will find encouragement for your soul, joy for your dry bones and strength for the task that He has brought you to and promises to bring you through!
Now we are just days away from our big workshop and I don’t want to say I was in a state of panic but I was definitely in a different place emotionally compared to other events. See, in past events, whatever we are going to be talking about, I had already learned and was walking in victory. My physical condition wasn’t too great either as I was recovering from a seven-week sinus infection with the help of steroids, which sent my menopause to a whole new level! Whew, talk about a sense of humor!
But let’s talk about some moments that prevented me from losing it! Bryden’s third birthday was the same day as our upcoming event, and while we weren’t going to be having fifty people over to celebrate, we were planning a celebration that would create memories to squeeze his little heart and ours for years to come. See, his “favorite” grandma, his Papa John and Tauntie Bree were coming down to help us celebrate and we were just going to be, go with the flow, not plan a huge party, just go and have fun. I’m chuckling as I write this for you, because I am such a planner, or so I thought. But that innate desire to plan was my habit to control and I’m so excited to say that by this time, I was so good with what we were going to do, or not going to do.
Bryden, sit still!!!!
Bryden, sit still!!!!
Something else I was super excited about: Michelle, Bryce’s mom and Bryden’s grandma, Bre, my step-daughter — his “Tauntie” — and Cousin Haley were coming down from up north to visit for Bryden’s birthday weekend. But they weren’t just coming for his birthday; they were coming to the event! I was beside myself with perplexity and excitement because I knew that He had ordained this time for all of us. As crazy as it sounds, I was at peace in my uncertainty. I still was not completely ready in my soul because I wasn’t in a place of “peace” in my own relationship/marriage.
For those of you with your eyebrows raised, let me clarify your unasked question and possible confusion: You mean you like your husband’s ex? Yes, I love my husband’s ex-wife. She has an identity that goes beyond their former problems. She’s a beautiful lady and I am so excited to be a part of her journey, watching her relationship with Christ strengthen in depth and understanding.
All this clarity brought about through one almost three-year old precious little boy . . .
Until tomorrow,
Evinda
Nana Holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment