Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30th, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks for joining me for more revelations inspired by and through this season of Nana Holds. Grab your coffee and come on in.
I hope you are not scratching your head and wondering why in the world is she spending so much time on this infection thing and its symptoms! This is the foundation of this whole series, the why, the how. All of us could use help in the area of relationships so if this is not really speaking to you in your relationships, take a minute and think of someone you know who is struggling in this area. In the meantime, hang in here with me and trust that there will be a diamond for you sparkling through a symptom and/or the discussion that follows thereafter.
The next category is rage. Wow, as I write that word, something on the inside of me sort of clenches. So many of us shy away from anger or shut down if someone is venting their anger on or toward us. Many of us have come to believe we shouldn’t be angry; that it’s a sin. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Jesus Himself showed anger several times throughout scripture. The key is not to sin in your anger. I didn’t understand this at the time of the event as well as I do now so my answer to “Do you feel persistently angry with your spouse, other family members and/or yourself?” was a not-so-convincing no, with the lean towards “no” based on the words “persistently angry.” I wasn’t persistently angry, but I was persistently frustrated with myself.
Much has happened between that event and now. There was a three-month period where I was consistently angry with my husband, but I will reveal the circumstances surrounding that anger in upcoming segments of this series. Suffice it to say that I have since learned the reason behind my frustration/anger so that answer is more of a confident “no.”
Let’s stay here for just a moment longer. Jesus tells us to not “sin” in our anger; He doesn’t say do not “feel” angry! Do you see the distinction? When you are angry, what do you do? How do you deal with your anger? Let’s return to the symptoms of “rage.”
Are you afraid of losing control if you let yourself get really mad? Are you angry at God? Do you ever get back at others in sneaky ways, perhaps without being fully aware of the behavior at the time?
I asked all of those in one-lump paragraph for the sake of time, but in order to comply with the vision of being a “transparent unpacking production,” I’ll answer them separately. At the time of the event, I was more confident than I had been in months prior of the ability to not lose control in my anger. Maybe because I had, in prior years, worked through my anger with/at God! And as far as getting back at others in sneaky ways, oh, that was the old me for sure. I used to manipulate things in my first marriage, in my parenting, all without being totally aware of doing it, let alone the effects it had on others in my world. I’m so very glad to have accepted the antibiotics from the Great Physician.
Are you in need of a cure for any of these symptoms? Give Him a call. You won’t have to make an appointment; He’ll see you right away!
Joyfully,
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!
P.S. We’ll pick up with this tomorrow instead of doing our usual Wednesday’s Word!
P.SS If u haven’t stopped by my new website, try and come by today! Keep your sound on… :) www.evindalepins.com
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment