Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Help Wanted Part II From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

July 2nd, 2013

Help Wanted Part II From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Matthew 9:37
Then Jesus spoke and said, “The harvest is truly plentiful and the laborers are few.”
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Oh, I’m so glad there’s you to share Coffee Hour with and this little month’s WOW and though it’s only a few words, its significance is life changing. Grab your coffee and come on in.EL pen Logo with heart
I want to share something that will cast a lot more light on our WOW, and it’s in the verse immediately preceding it, verse 36. I can’t help but get goose bumps because what Jesus feels right there in that verse is exactly what is now overflowing out of the depths of my heart. I am truly motivated and excited about my new job now, but to be utterly and completely honest, it wasn’t always that way. Before I explain, let’s check out that background on our Words of Wisdom and Weapons of Warfare found in Matthew 9:36.
See, Jesus was among the multitudes – literally thousands of people – and He felt compassion for them because they were weary, distressed and downcast, like sheep without a shepherd. In other words, there were people with issues everywhere, lots and lots of problems, people looking for help for answers! See, we New Testament followers aren’t the only ones with issues, physical ailments and emotional wounds!
Then He says to His disciples: “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.”
The reality of the truth of that collides with my heart’s desire, to speak right to the hearts of the walking wounded women of the world, the multitudes, to let them know that it’s okay that they’re not okay, to comfort others with the comfort I’ve been given and to continue being a mirror as I allow Him to do His thing in my transparent unpacking process. But again, I thought that meant via books only but His plan was quite different than my plan! I thought my job was just to write.
Don’t get me wrong; I knew I was where He wanted me; it’s just not what I had envisioned and because it wasn’t what I thought it was supposed to look like, my job that is, I was subconsciously resisting it.
See, to be honest, when I started writing, and completed my first book, I thought the immediate next step was publication and then it would sell and sell and I’d keep writing books! Oh, how incorrect I was. I was definitely showing up, but not always for the same job He had assigned for me!
Has that ever happened to you, where you thought you were going to do one thing, and when you showed up, He had something different for you?
Join me tomorrow for more transparent sharing through our WOW for July.
Evinda
kim L

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Coffee Hour, Encouragement/motivati

No comments:

Post a Comment