Wednesday, October 23, 2013


EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thank you for having coffee with me today. Life moves so fast and it’s so important to get off the merry-go-round and stop spinning for a bit. Grab your coffee and let’s get back to how this season of Nana Holds was/is purifying my marriage.
See, George had stopped singing in the shower months ago. Each morning, I would hear his feet drag across the carpet as he got up and ready for work. Sometimes I even heard him sigh, almost groan, as he got up. While it broke my heart, it also frustrated me. But I couldn’t get in his lane, and I was learning I needed to stay out of his car. He and God needed to work this out.
But I did however internalize some things that I didn’t recognize then, but I do now; bitterness was tangling all my ropes up and preventing empathy to flow through me and out to him. I was bitter because I felt so unprotected during the events that led to this season. My unspoken expectations pulled me further and further away from understanding that I was still part of the problem!
It was so painful to see him struggle and I just wanted him to be okay, to look at all that God was working in and through this situation. I needed him in ways I couldn’t even understand and instead of expressing my needs, I went to my corner internalizing a lot of unasked questions, a bit of bitterness and frustration, and I left him to struggle in his.
This truth comforted me: I was learning to be free from the need to control him, of really knowing I couldn’t fix him; I could only pray for him.
Let me end our time today with a question: Have you ever sunk into the pit of depression? If so, what pushed you in? What/who pulled you out? Do you find it hard to pray when you’re down and depressed? Oh, sweet friend and sister in Christ, write Him a letter; journal your innermost thoughts in a letter to Him. He longs for your burden to be lighter!
Join me tomorrow for more of Nana Holds.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment