Monday, October 14, 2013

Put Your Clothes On! From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Put Your Clothes On! from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Colossians 3:12-13a
Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility,
meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another.

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heartThanks for joining me today for more of our October’s WOW, words of wisdom and weapons of warfare. Grab your coffee and let’s get back to our spiritual clothes shopping spree, which is almost done!
So far we’ve been dressed in tender mercies, kindness, humility and meekness. Wow, what a sight to behold. Now, I’m not one that likes to look at myself in the mirror, seriously. I don’t get all tangled in little things when it comes to getting dressed – maybe other things but not clothes. But, wow, when I imagine myself wearing these precious garments, I think I just might not mind standing and staring, possibly turning this way and the other way because I just know they all look so good!
Let’s get to the next piece of clothing He has requested of us to wear. Follow me. He seems to have goon off a long ways . . . oh, there He is, in the back of this magnificent one-of-a-kind store of virtues. What color is that? It looks to be a bit dreary, not as bright as the other virtues to wear. Oh, I see now. As I get closer, I understand. He wants us to put on longsuffering! No wonder it looked a bit dreary but as we get closer and closer, it seems to take on almost a shimmer and it’s really very pretty up close.
Oh, my, the Merriam Webster definition for this word leaves absolutely no wiggle room, and it’s certainly not one-size fits all! Longsuffering is defined as “Patiently enduring lasting offense or hardship”!
Yikes, I always thought of longsuffering as bearing one another’s burdens; I don’t think I remembered having to endure offense! Wow, talk about the beauty of conviction; I absolutely love how gentle His words are to us, reminding us along the runway of life of what it looks like to be a woman who has a heart after Christ. This reminder has brought a couple of recent offenses/offenders to the forefront of my heart and mind and I don’t know about you, but this particular piece of Christ’s clothing is not fitting so well right now! I think I need to do some attitude adjusting and spiritual stretching so I can put this virtue on and it will fit a little better! 10-1-13 WOW
Oh, friend, when someone offends us and we hang on to it, we behave offensively! Hurt people hurt people; this is why we must put on longsuffering. Oh, Father, may you win as you mold me that I may always wear longsuffering!
Join me tomorrow for some event news, and Wednesday for the conclusion to our shopping spree!
Love and laughter,
Evinda
kim L

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment