Thursday, October 3, 2013

Put your New Clothes on! From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Put Your New Clothes On-October’s WOW from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Colossians 3:12-13a
Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another.
Thanks for joining me for coffee and a break. I just love these times of digging into the scriptures for Weapons of Warfare and Words of Wisdom! Grab your coffee and let’s get back to our WOW from Colossians which has everything to do with a clothes shopping spree.
So what would you think if I told you that Christ longs for us to go on a clothes shopping spree? I’m not crazy, really! And here’s the awesome part about these clothes: they will never, ever go out of style and will withstand the test of wearing over and over and over again like no other clothes can. They are made of the finest quality, designed by the ultimate designer and they are priceless! In other words, they can’t be bought with money, which means we can all shop! There’s only one catch: They are not of this world and therefore, not so popular and they require a different taste, if you will.
What I mean by that is when I first came into my relationship with Christ, I didn’t yearn for these types of clothes; but He has helped me to acquire not just a taste for them, but a yearning desire to put these on and keep them as part of my wardrobe for always. They are so, so beautiful and will never, ever go out of style. They will clothe you and me in style until we get to our eternal home where fashion will take on a whole new meaning! Come on and let’s go see who He calls to this shopping spree.10-1-13WOW2
The first part of our WOW tells us who gets to go shopping: the elect of God, holy and beloved. Now, the first thing that sticks out to me is that word “holy,” and my heart sort of stops because I don’t consider myself holy, certainly not compared to Christ, but if you notice, that’s not the first requirement for this shopping spree. The first requirement we see is “the elect of God.”
Now, we need not get high and mighty as we call ourselves “the elect of God,” for God’s desire is that none would perish but all would come to know Him, not just choose Him, but know him. So this shopping spree is for all of us. Because He first chose us, He sees us as holy and beloved, no matter what we are wearing! But He does long to give us a new wardrobe!
Join me tomorrow as we embark on this shopping spree and find the clothes He desires that we wear, clothes He has already paid for!
Evinda
kim L

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment