Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nana Holds!

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks for joining me today for our Coffee Hour and the return of Nana Holds. As I write this, I can’t help but experience a little bit of apprehension as I begin to share with you this next part, but oh, how thankful I am that He is the author of my story, and I know that eventually, our ending will be happy. Grab your coffee and come with me back to Las Vegas, in the foyer, where George has just nearly yelled, “What in the heck did you do?”
George’s voice had raised at least an octave above the whisper that he used inside and when I looked at him standing there, the phone practically glued to his ears as he was white-knuckling it, he was, to put it mildly, exasperated. He looked so frustrated, hopeless, confused and any other adjective you want to throw in there.
I sat there, willing myself to breathe, wondering what in the world could be happening. And what was even scarier is the visible transformation I saw slowly revealing pain and sadness, frustration and anger, all wrapped up and spilling out from my husband, yes, from the inside out. It was almost as if he aged yet another ten years, and I saw the wind get knocked out of him.
By this point in the conversation, I knew what had happened. I could also tell that George was running out of things to say but getting more and more tangled in a dangerous web of words so I motioned for him to give me the phone.
“What happened?”
Bryce went on to tell me about the circumstances surrounding a choice he had made.
“But why, Bryce? How could you knowing what was at risk?”
He explained that he wasn’t happy, and he hadn’t been happy for quite some time.
I swallowed my rage and my urge to scream, “Are you stinking kidding me?” When I had gulped down a couple breaths, I was very careful as I chose how to respond to him. I explained to him that life isn’t about being happy all of the time, but what we do in those moments of unhappiness defines us.
“Well, all I can say is I’m sorry.”
I was calmly exasperated as I realized that his choice had just changed his living arrangements; that he would be coming back home. But I couldn’t wrap my head around that; maybe because I didn’t want to because I think I was stuck somewhere between shock and the spiritual realm, wondering if God allowed this to see if I was going to make good on my promise to quit complaining about how hard it is and continue to praise Him for all he’s accomplished during this season of Nana Holds.
Join me tomorrow for more,
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment