Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Invitation Tuesays-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
It’s Invitation Tuesday time and I just realized as I wrote the date that there are only two more of these left! Whew, my heart started racing… Grab your coffee and come on in.
So in last week’s invitation, I shared about a vision that George and I talked about to convey a message of getting in the trenches with those of us with hurts, habits and hang-ups. Doesn’t sound very fun does it? But the truth is, it is easier when working side by side with others who share your hurt, habit and/or hang-up.
Well, up until Saturday, I had VERY little time to work on it. All I had done was gather some of the props necessary, and then we had my sister confirmed for filming. We had a couple of diggers, my husband being one and my son another. But, on Saturday, before our event planning meeting, my son called, sick! There went one digger, but I had also just heard from one of the event team members that they would love to help with the commercial. I breathed a sigh of relief and reminded myself, It’s His vision so He will see it through. We just need to show up and follow directions.
After an amazing time of planning for the event, we had about an hour to go and get the rest of the props. We were down one digger, and I had no idea how it was all going to go down. I needed to just sit and be still and allow creativity to flow through! Well, there was no sitting still at this point, but let me tell you, friend, GOD IS FAITHFUL. On our way to pick up George’s hard hat, I got a call from one of the members who couldn’t make it to the meeting and she was going to come over so we could talk about it. The only problem was, I had forgotten! So, I very matter of factly told her, sure, come on over at 1:30, but we are leaving to go up to a site where we are going to film a trench class commercial. I invited her to come along and suggested we could talk on the way.
“Well, am I helping with the commercial?”
As if walking through a door expectantly, I said, I’d love for you to help us with the commercial! Do you have a hard hat?”
Within five minutes she texted me back; she not only had a hard hat, she had two! Perfect, now we had four diggers, four hard hats and no idea what we were doing.
Let me just tell you on the way to the film site, I explained the vision to each one of them, and let me tell you, God is so good. The ones He hand chose to do this trench commercial were absolutely amazing. But the best part about it, I laughed so hard during each take, harder than I’ve laughed in a long time. Part of me wondered, should we be having so much fun at this, especially considering the subject matter?
The answer is absodarnlutely yes! God loves laughter for laughter softens the heart and a softened heart becomes a teachable heart!
Oh, I can’t wait to share this with you. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, please do. You’ll save yourself $5 if you get them before the day of the event!
Here’s your invitation…
Kim CPM Flyer2_4x6EDIT
Love and Laughter,
Evinda

Share and Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment