Friday, October 11, 2013

Put Your Clothes On! From Coffee Hour @ Chicklt Power

Put your Clothes on! From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Colossians 3:12-13a
Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness,
humility, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another.
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
It’s great to be with you for another Coffee Hour and to sip on more of this WOW. I don’t know how you feel about shopping, but this is actually the longest shopping spree I’ve ever been on, and it’s both expensive and inexpensive at the same time. It’s not costing us anything monetarily, but there are costs involved but so far, the beauty and ease they add to the journey of life far outweigh the cost not to mention the protection this beautiful garment brings! Grab your coffee and let’s get back to our shopping spree.
We could spend some serious time on that last garment of humility, but for the sake of moving forward in our shopping spree, let me just reiterate that I believe that the order of these clothes is important and each one makes the next one easier to put on! Let’s go shop for some meekness.
I’ll never forget when I first learned of the definition for this word meekness. It was the nest that I landed in when I lost my wings, so to speak, after my second divorce. It was such a safe place of nurturing and feeding and as I found my wings and began flying, I was strengthened by the meat of truth I began feasting on and sharing with others through a program called Alpha. It was a sort of seeker-friendly get-together every Wednesday wherein we encouraged people of any faith or no faith to come have dinner and join a round-table discussion about the Bible. Oh, what a time of growth. I can still see him up there, the leader Bruce who has had such a great impact on my spiritual growth. He said, “Meekness is power in control.”10-1-13WOW2
I remember being intrigued by that definition and its seed that planted in my heart causing me to desire this very virtue. Think about that for a few minutes. Considering the other pieces of clothing we’ve already shopped for and put on, doesn’t it make sense that meekness would follow. When we are showing tender mercies – unconditional acts laced with gentleness – kindness, which involves strength, steadfastness and love, and finally humility, all of those render us gently strong!
I’m super excited to share with you that when I looked this very word up in the Greek concordance, it says that meekness is from gentleness, by implication, humility! Oh, that we would see the value of dressing in these fine garments that will get us through the toughest of times and comfort us through the storms of life.
Learning to dress in His styles,
Evinda
kim L
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment