Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finally, the conclusion to: Put your Clothes on!

October 16th, 2013

Put Your Clothes On! The WOW Conclusion from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power-

Colossians 3:12-13a
Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness,
humility, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another.
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Thanks so much for joining me today, taking time out of your busy day to have a cup of coffee and shop for the final time in the conclusion to EL pen Logo with heartOctober’s Wow. I don’t know about you, but this shopping spree has been almost pain free, and priceless! Grab your coffee and come on in.
So longsuffering is the final piece of clothing in our spiritual clothes shopping spree and I’m still reeling at the Webster’s dictionary definition, which is “Patiently enduring lasting offense or hardship”! So let me tell on myself here: I don’t do so well with lasting offense! I can hardly stand myself as I struggle through someone not talking to me because of a misunderstanding or a misrepresentation. I think I can endure other hardships easier that are non-relational, but those relational hardships, offenses, boy, they are a doozy and can sometimes get me doing an out-of-body motion that will rip all my spiritual clothes right off! Does anyone know what I’m talking about?
The King James translation for longsuffering is forbearing, but whatever you call it, forbearing, longsuffering, patience, no matter how you wrap and wear it, it’s forgiveness! And that’s even before it’s requested. True forgiveness means laying down the pride and letting Him reside! When we do, this virtue will not only fit perfect, but others will want it too.
But what about those hardships, like illness, financial, or any other disability? Does this mean that He expects us to be joyful during these times? In them, yes, for them, later, after you’ve exercised longsuffering, He does promise that what He accomplishes in the hardship will be praiseworthy!
Well, I’ve enjoyed looking and shopping and trying on all these beautiful spiritual clothes with you. As we walk down the runway of life, there will be times where we will need to lose some weight (bad attitudes, un-forgiveness) and/or gain some weight (read His Word, talk with Him, fellowship) so that your spiritual wardrobe will not only look good but feel good too!
Join me tomorrow as we resume with more of Nana Holds!
Evinda
bookcovrpic

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment